A vendors meeting is very important to the success of any event and it is important for several reasons. As an event planner, you will engage the services of different vendors and their understanding of the project and what is required of them can make or mar your event.
- Event Day Coordination: An event typically involves several vendors, such as caterers, decorators, florists, photographers, DJs etc. and the activity of one would impact on the other. A vendors meeting provides an opportunity for all these vendors to communicate, align plans and ensure that they are on the same page. This can help ensure that the event runs smoothly and that there are no hiccups on your big day.
- Understanding expectations: A vendors meeting allows the client to communicate their expectations to the vendors and for the vendors to understand what is expected of them. This can help ensure that the vendors deliver exactly what the client wants and can prevent misunderstandings and disappointments.
- Logistics: This is a very big deal and a critical point of discussion at the vendor meeting. A vendors meeting allows the vendors to discuss logistical details, such as the timing of deliveries, set-up and take-down procedures, and any restrictions or requirements at the wedding venue. This can help ensure that everything runs smoothly and that the vendors are prepared for any challenges that may arise.
- Offering creative input: Vendors such as decorators may have creative ideas that can enhance the event. A vendors meeting provides an opportunity for the client to hear these ideas and decide if they want to incorporate them into their event.
- Establishing expectations: Vendors meeting provide an opportunity for the client to establish already discussed expectations with their vendors. At this point, the discussion is to fine-tune and reiterate what has been paid for. This can help ensure that both the couple and the vendors are on the same page and can lead to a smoother planning process. For the caterer, discussion on outfits, what to expect with the service, number of servers are expected.
- Problem-solving: Vendors meeting also provide a platform for clients to discuss any concerns or issues they may have with their vendors. This can help prevent problems from escalating and can lead to a more positive and productive working relationship.
Overall, vendors meetings are important for every event because it allows clients to establish clear expectations, helps the event planner sort out major logistics issues and create a personalized and memorable event experience.
Want professional input for your event? Contact us via email